We bet that nothing has amazed you like this before. The below-shared facts about Port Saint Lucie are sure to make your hair stand on their end. So far, you have seen towards the city from a traveler's eye, but after reading these interesting facts, you will realize that without knowing these, how incomplete your journey was. Before getting acquainted with them, a building was mere a building, a road was mere to walk upon, a church was mere to say prayers, and a festival was merely seen as a day full of colors. After immersing into these never-told-before facts about the city, your attitude and way of seeing towards this enchanting city will be changed altogether. Now, you will see more beauty, more values, more importance, more significance, and more meaning in and of every notable establishments throughout the city.
Image by Christian Ferrer (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
- New York Mets' spring training home, i.e., "Tradition Field" is based in Port Saint Lucie.
- One of the two renowned botanical gardens nestled in St. Lucie County is based in Port Saint Lucie.
- The world-famed golf resort, namely, "PGA Village" is based in Port Saint Lucie. Golf Digest once voted PGA Village one of the 75 Best Golf Resorts.
- Port Saint Lucie is home to Probst Library which is famed as one of the few libraries around the world boasting of premier collections based on golf periodicals and memorabilia.
- In 1959, the General Development Corporation built its first bridge over the Saint Lucie River. This bridge allows the various automobiles a direct access to the city.
- In line with House Bill No. 953, Port Saint Lucie was incorporated as the city on April 27, 1961. The bill was proposed by Rupert Smith, who was the State Representative, and it was approved by C. Farris Bryant, the Florida Governor.
- Port St. Lucie Methodist Church is famed as the first church established in Port Saint Lucie. Its foundation was laid in 1961.
- Eigil Petersen and Eugene Kavanaugh are famed as the first residents who were elected to the Port Saint Lucie City Council.
- Until 1980, Port Saint Lucie had only doctor.
- In 1977, William McChesney was elected as the first mayor of Port Saint Lucie.
- In 2005, Census voted Port Saint Lucie the fastest-growing large city nestled in the United States.
- In 2011, Port Saint Lucie was declared the ninth-largest municipality based in the state.
- Port Saint Lucie is the ninth largest city in the state.
- Port Saint Lucie is ruled by mayor-form of government.
- "A City for All Ages" is the motto of Port Saint Lucie.
- The residents of Port Saint Lucie call it "PSL".
- Port Saint Lucie is famed as the largest city nestled on Treasure Coast.